What is the ERISA Title One 403(b)?
The ERISA Title One 403(b) is an employer-sponsored retirement plan for 501(c)(3) organizations. These plans are subject to the annual
governmental testing and reporting requirements of Title One of ERISA.
ERISA Title One 403(b)
At A Glance
• Design an arrangement similar to a 401(k) that includes matching contributions and other employer contributions.
• Attract and retain quality employees.
• Improved employee morale, productivity and employer/employee relations.
• Save for retirement with pre-tax dollars.
• Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawn.
• Contribution limits are greater than those of IRAs.
• Contribution amounts are flexible.
• Special salary-deferral contribution limits for tenured employees may allow for greater retirement savings.
|ERISA Title One 403(b)